Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April's Project for Rhedd's Creative Spirit Design Team: Altered Photo Album Cover

This project has had me stumped since February!  I wanted to use it for my March contribution to the team but it just wouldn't come together.  So I let it set and it watched me and I watched it...to see who would blink first!  Well, it did...I think.  I had all the found bits, beads, keys, plastic bits from rings, practically everything but the kitchen sink and the focal piece was to be a feather.....tut tut....long covered up!  So with everything stuck down with my homemade gesso, I decided to go with 3 colors as opposed to the pink I started with.  This I liked better and I took some gold acrylic metallic paint on my finger and highlighted some spots here and there.  For the binding, I took a piece of gold silky fabric and covered with some gold fiber type material and glued down and anchored with just plain, white pearls from a string from Mardi Gras.  So much better than the black and white it started out as...run for improvement for sure but all in all I am satisfied for this month anyway! :)
Happy Crafting and don't forget to alter something and make it pretty and enter our challenge this month!  Just looking at all of your creativity humbles me to no end!  You are all fabulous!  And take the time to look at my team mates blogs, also, please?  You will be inspired beyond belief and leave them some love; we all like those uplifting comments!
The link to the challenge is Here!

Happy Crafting from Rhedd's Creative Spirit Altered Arts Challenge!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous project Nan, great textures and colour combo...
    Like you I kind of hit a block with my project,it started as one thing and ended up as something else...that's how we roll I guess,lol...hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nan your sentiments echo mine exactly re. letting things sit! Sometimes ideas need to percolate and wander don't they?
    The texture on your book makes me long to run my fingers over it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the texture and colours on your fabulous book cover. I agree with Sandra, mine never turn out like I envisage lol x

    ReplyDelete