Thursday, April 30, 2015

5th Week Month at Quoth the Raven

We are entering our last week at Quoth the Raven Challenge #43 Tic Tac Toe.  You pick out your row and use the 3 elements in it.  Such a fun challenge!


This is my egg using the 3 elements of decoupage/3D, lace, and Poe.  I covered my egg with designer paper torn into small pieces and applied with a watered down glue mixture.  I had colored the egg with a Promarker in red first so I ended up with some bleeding through on the paper.  I wanted to use the image Poe with Candle available at Ike's World Art.  Please find the link below.  I shrunk him rather small and colored with Prismacolor pencils, fussy cut (cut open the where the tie was also), and covered with Diamond Accents.  I cut the arm with the candle separately and covered with Diamond Accents. I wanted this to have the 3-D effect.  After everything dried, I took a small piece of lace and made a tie for Poe sticking it into the opening I had cut.  I also gave the dear man a small gem for his coat; I think he deserves it, don't you? Then I adhered Poe to the egg and then stuck the arm on a foam piece to make it stick out.  
Now time is running out but you have time to enter this awesome challenge so stop looking around and go get your Tic Tac Poe on!
Happy Crafting and Poe on!

Ike's World Art

2 comments:

  1. A great idea Nan fabulous.
    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a brilliant idea and I love how it came out. Personally, I love that slight bleeding of the red coming through :-D Very coooooool :-D
    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    ReplyDelete