Monday, November 13, 2017

SUYP Challenge #24 Furrything Goes!

I have missed playing at the SUYP Challenge way to many times so new resolution starts now!  The challenge is all about kitties so if you love cats and fur balls then this is the place to play!  I used a freebie image so graciously given by the talented Ike of Ike's Art because as you know my computer went kerplunk and my external hard drive which has a TON of Ike's images is still lost in my parent's apartment.  Tomorrow maybe I will go on a full blown hunt of it as I am missing a lot of stuff to play with because it is hard to download anything anywhere from a smashed screen computer!  On to the scene now!


You know how some folks are hard to buy gifts for?  Not KookyKat!  He simply wants it all and just knows that box is holding far more than it's size would lead him to believe!  I used Dylusions paint to make a very loose version of a Christmas tree and then I made the mistake!  NEVER put glitter on a project first even if you think sprinkling it on the wet paint is smart!  I finally had to use my handy dandy bathroom silicone in white to stick stuff down and while it was out I snowed up the tree!  Ornaments punched from some colorful paper and stuck in said to ground this little guy's feet down.  Then my toothbrush (an old one, please) and some water downed acrylic white paint and some flicks on the bristles and it began to snow.  If you use craft paint it is just about the right consistency to use straight out of the bottle, I had to water mine down a bit because it was heavy bodied paint. Last step was to paint a little star on top of his tree.  And first step was to color him up first using Spectrum Noir markers but he was very flat so I went over again with some darker gray Prisma colored pencils.  Oh, and his hat and present I just drew and stuck on his head and between his paws.  The sentiment is just made in Photoshop.

Hope all the kitties out there are happy and waiting on Santa with their very nonchalant look!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, how delightful :-) Love your painting tree and the snow and thanks for the tip about the glitter LoL. I bet after he opens it he will spend all the time playing with the box hahahaha :-D
    Thanks for using one of my images and I hope you find your hard drive soon :-(
    Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! why do they so love to chew up cardboard boxes?? My cat will tear off a piece of the box then play with it until my grand pup with swallowing problems can get it and manage to try and swallow it! Then the poor dear has to upchuck it! I think the cat is laughing, too! Thanks for the great freebies as always! xx

      Delete