Monday, November 13, 2017

Sunshine in Her Hair and Thanksgiving Wishes with LeighSBDesigns!

What an adorable face Sunshine in Her Hair has and coloring her makes you smile no matter what mood you are in at the time!  I wanted to do a Thanksgiving tag and she fits a tag so well that I teamed her up with the Tangled Maple Leaf both from the fantabulous LeighSBDesigns!  If you want some show stopping digital stamps then click that little linky and go check out her Etsy Store!  Really superb images!



I won't lie to you, this almost got the best of me!  I colored her up with Spectrum Noir Markers for her hair and Prisma colored pencils for her face just ever so nicely.  The leaf is the colored pencils but for some reason almost every project I have made in the last two weeks has taken a yellow/weird tint to them.  I have used yellow more than I usually do so maybe my eye is just not seeing it right or something!  Plus, although I now have Photoshop on this computer, I am having trouble with the screen going light and dark so editing a pic is a toss up of whether it is going to come out super light or not light enough....sigh!  But back to the deets!  Nuance Powders were sprinkled on in fall colors: yellow and some orange for her hair area, reds for the sun burst she holds, and yellow, green and orange for the bottom portion.  I cut out her face from the other one I printed (I always print two of any image in case I make a mistake!) and held it tightly over her face while sprinkling powders with the other hand and spraying them then dabbing them to keep them from running under my mask.  I looked like a contortionist performing that task!  The sentiment was made in Photoshop as all of my sentiments and words stamps have vanished because I took them out of a box that I felt wasn't secure enough and put them in just the right box!  That is my great move....if I put something away for it to be super safe I usually never see it again or at least not for months and months ;)  I wet the cardstock to make a multicolored fall color sentiment but alas cardstock and watercolors do not play well together.  So I ended up just coloring over all the mismash with red watercolor from my 6 piece set I bought in Japan for a dollar!   Some cords through the hole at the top after attaching her at some point in the process to designer paper.  Told ya!  It almost whooped me!  But do we let those times stop us?  No way! Onward and forward!

We would love to have you in our Facebook Fan Group where everyone share's their LeighSBDesign projects!  And of course do check out the store and look out for those sales Leigh tosses out so regularly for more goodies!

1 comment: