Tuesday, May 5, 2015

A Steampunk Make with Rick St. Dennis' Image

I attempted steampunk!! Way harder than I had imagined! The image I used is one of Rick St. Dennis' found here.  I am practicing and watching his videos using Prismacolor colored pencils. I am loving them and his techniques but finding it hard to perfect!  But the fun is in the playing and coloring I think!  This make took on it's own life as I started with a vague idea and I probably went too far with it.  Stopping just wasn't an option as I found the elements to use.  A major source is Hollie's kit "Ode to a Muse" available at Miscief Circus found HERE.  Edited in Photoshop and printed out and adhered with silicone for dimension.  The rest is papers from my stash, and bits and bobs saved for ages to be used on that just right project.  I made the rose and small purple flower out of paper from stash.  Some word stickers from Tim Holtz and lots of Glossy Accents!


 
Proof that you just go for it! Don't be scared!  It may not be the best but it is mine and I am smiling!!
Happy Crafing!

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creation Nan the image is so right for the project.
    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you went way out of my comfort zone on this!!☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning, you could look at it over 10 times and still see something different, each element is perfect xx Thankyou for joining us over at Sparkle and Glitter for May's "Anything Goes with an RSD image challenge", be sure to come back for part 2 :-) Lynda DT xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I have to make sure I understand the rules for the progressive challenge! Don't want to miss the rest. :)

      Delete
  4. wow there's so many fabulous details on this! Love the great folding on this. The image for next month's challenge will be sent to you for free for playing this month. :)

    Thanks for joining the monthly challenge here at Sparkle and Glitter progressive challenge. Hope you will join us next time Crafting Vicky RSD EDT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Nan! Looks like you had an absolute ball with this! What an amazing assortment of Steampunk goodies! Love the image you chose and the fab pops of read in her hat that you've carried throughout your design. Still drinking in the fab details. Thanks so much for joining the RSD May Progressive Challenge at SNG. xxD RSD EDT xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. wowzers this is sooooo awesome

    thanks for entering the Rick St.dennis progessive challenge at Sparkle and Glitter

    Mo
    RSD EDT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nan, I saw this on Google + and wanted a closer look at all the wonderful details you used. This is just exquisite and can appreciate the time it must have taken to produce something so beautiful.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete