Thursday, August 6, 2015

Day 4 at Smudge Fest Get Trashy

My kind of theme: get trashed, torn, worn, distressed, if only you could see what I salvage from the trash can!  I had the perfect paper for this project...new but tears if you look at it.  My son bought it for me at a Hong Kong market in New Orleans that we went to and it is used for burning on altars I think, not sure no English on the package but got over a hundred sheets for 99 cents a bargain or what?  You have to have a backing paper for it as it cannot stand alone so from my trash stash came a junk mail advert so inked it with distress inks black and red then stamped images on paper lying on top of the inks..some seeped through.  Then four fab stamps from Smeared Ink in black and red and a handwritten word, taped carefully to junk mail backing and distressed inked it all over edges and front wrinkles. Ta Da! Trash talk make for today!

 Happy another piece of trash didn't make it to the dump!

Go here for the rules and daily themes to work with and a daily winner is chosen!


 

1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous Nan. I love that paper and such a bargain too :) xx

    ReplyDelete