Thursday, August 20, 2015

A Murder of Crows Canvas

This canvas came from an Andy Skinner video and a fabulous rubber stamp, aptly named "A Murder of Crows" from Lost Coast Designs.  The canvas has many, many layers, some good, others that had to be covered up and started over!  The focal point was to be the stamp with the addition of two border stamps: "Skulls" and "Birds" again from Lost Coast Designs but I had never tried to stamp on a canvas with 15 layers on it before. Alas, it just would not work out stamping on the canvas, at least not for me!  So intent on completing this as planned, I stamped the image on tissue paper and with matte medium attached it over the partially stamped image.  Loved that it showed up the colors and the stamp!  Then the problem of covering up the tissue paper....many things tried but finally some Rusty Hinge Distress Ink dabbed on with a sponge gave me a look I could live with and I liked the look so much I used it on all the stamped images on the canvas that I had not redone with tissue paper because the look I had gotten went with my idea.  So after days of drying and crying here is "A Murder of Crows".




There is still time to enter the Lost Coast Designs Challenge #15 Circles it ends the 25th so hurry and join us!  And don't risk missing any of the upcoming news at our Lost Coast Portal to Creativity blog, lots coming up you won't want to miss!  

 Links to Lost Coast Designs Sites:


1 comment:

  1. Love the swirly feel of the whole piece - as though the crows are creating a whirlwind of havoc round them. And yes, tissue paper is a great aid.

    ReplyDelete