Monday, August 28, 2017

It's Autumn Color Time at Delicious Doodles Is Fading Fast!

If you are living anywhere in my region you won't be seeing autumn colors at all!  We go from green to brown over night to bare branches! Thank goodness for our evergreens and no snow 😏!  So I enjoyed playing around with those gorgeous colors I have seen in the northeastern U.S. and just above me, Tennessee, and the staggering beauty of Japan in its fall!  I guess the point is if we don't have something we love happening how lucky we can paint, color, or collage it and pretend!  This month at Delicious Doodles Challenge we have a theme of Autumn Colors hence my verses above...makes a little more sense, not much, but a little!  I wanted to give you one last incentive to join us this month so without delay here are the fair Zodiac - Gemini twins along with the Pumpkin Corner (which has flourishes and dots really gorgeous I just had to fussy cut what I could) to celebrate the upcoming fall weather wherever it is or will occur!




I colored them up with Spectrum Noir markers which honestly do not blend nearly as well as Copics but I have the whole set so oh well!  Then I sprayed the page with a Gelato homemade spray using some yellow and orange Gelatos in a mister and shaking.  I had a weird little stamp that I rubbed orange Gelato onto and stamped in three places adding a bubble bead in the middle circle. Some crinkle edged scissors around them and same process with the Pumpkin Corner except I popped it up with some foam tape.  The background paper is my left over palette paper when I am painting acrylic canvases and I try to always have a paper on hand to brayer or scribble something onto for a different looking background for this purpose and a good head start on a journal page!  I cut the background larger of course and used the Tim Holtz tool to distress the edges of it.  All that was left was to attach my twins and pumpkin to the background.  I did use a tea spray by Heidi Swapp that glimmers like crazy and a burst of the same Gelato spray from the twins on the background to tie it all in a bit more.


We hope you will pop over to our Challenge, still a few days to show us your colors!  And don't forget to share with us on our Facebook fan page and visit the fabulous Delicious Doodles Etsy Store!  Halloween is right around that corner and there are some wonderfully ghoulish and creepy digital stamps as well as some awesomely beautiful images as well!




Shop HERE 

No comments:

Post a Comment