Friday, January 19, 2018

Fat Page Book Fun For the Edgar Allan Poe Appreciation Blog Hop at LeighSBDesigns Inspiration Blog!

I just could not decide on which fantastic new release Poe digital stamps by LeighSBDesigns for the 3rd Annual Edgar Allan Poe Appreciation Blog being held at LeighSBDesigns Inspiration Blog to use on what type of project!  They seemed to fit so well together than a fat page book seemed like a good start!  This is my cover page of my book using Oddleigh Edgar Allan Poe with Text.



I colored him up with Spectrum Noir Markers.  I used designer paper from a 6 x 6 paper pad (I know usually use my papers and they will make an appearance during the hop!) I inked the image I cut around as I had colored around the image with a light brown to blend in with the paper.  I typed up his date of birth and death, so young only 40 years old when he died!  And such a tragic life! I used tea dye shimmer spray to spray a background strip of cardstock and to ink around the dates. I used some black flowers scattered with gold flakes as an embellishment.  I tied all the pages together with a gold cord.

Hope you are entering and hopping along leaving lots of love for everyone!
Thanks for stopping by! 



12 comments:

  1. One writer about another... of course you're "writing" a book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous - this looks like it will be so wonderful. Love the Oddleigh POE - such great colouring :-)
    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Poe Day & what a POEtastic start to the Hop! My Oddleigh Poe is looking splendidly pleased with himself on the cover of your new fat book! It's going to be a real treat to see this one progress ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poetastic Nan, lil Oddleigh Poe looks splendid on your book cover, fab colouring! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Oddleigh Poe. What a great cover for your book. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. A marvelously fitting tribute to the great man :) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your piece. I must try the markers. You did a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! Beautiful coloring on Poe!

    ReplyDelete