Friday, July 1, 2016

Altered Eclectics July Purple Team - Life is a Beach (holidays, day trips, sand, umbrellas, cocktails, beach games)

I am so excited to be part of the Altered Eclectics design team and I am able to post my first make this month!  I am a Purple Team member and we are celebrating holidays. Perfect and the theme name     is just perfect for me because I love, love the beach!  I totally went out of my comfort zone and painted a children's art kit canvas with a beach scene.  Alyce, at Kit and Clowder, must be credited with my even trying it as her Create and Learn classes are amazing!  She taught us how to do a beach scene in one lesson and a palm tree in another and sadly my first watercolor canvas doesn't have the wonderful details she taught me but I enjoyed doing it :)  Cheap watercolor set in tubes, canvas, gesso, and shells picked up on a lovely day at my happy place beach in Alabama.  So a low cost project that will hang in my home to remind me of my home by the beach!


I added a chippie anchor and the word "Lovely" colored with Gelatos for a lovely shimmer.  I hope you will visit the Altered Eclectics Challenge Blog this month and leave us a look at your make of such a happy theme!  See you there :)

2 comments:

  1. Stunning sweetie just wish I were there lol. Love it . PS this one is for Eclectic Ellapu not the Altered Eclectics lol easily done xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nan your card is fabulous. Love the colours and the design. your teamy Judy

    ReplyDelete